Re: [squid-users] SO_FAIL

From: <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:57:28 +1000

Quoting Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>:

> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Sunil Mohan Ranta wrote:
>

> > i am getting SO_FAIL messages in store.log
> > and no cache is being created on my system
> > the size of of cache_dir is constant at 17MB
>
> Any error messages in cache.log?
>
> REgards
> Henrik

Strangely enough I have been having the same problem (no corresponding error in
cache.log BTW), so I backed up my squid.conf, deleted all the entries in my cache
dir and used the default squid.conf, modifying only the following:

http_port 80
http_port 3128
http_port 8080
cache_dir ufs /share/cache 100 16 256
http_access allow all
cache_effective_user squid
cache_effective_group squid

And the problem dissapeared! I haven't gone so far as to track down what part of my
old config was causing the problem, but at least now I know it was something in the
config (and not a problem with how squid was compiled or a directory permissions
problem).

I'll post an update when I have traced the cause.

Regards,
Rob Hadfield