Re: Information Required

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:31:23 +0200 (CEST)

This question belongs on squid-users, not squid-dev.

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Suleman Azhar wrote:

> I am a student of computer scicences & want to do some research over Squid.
> I want to ask that is it possible for us to run two session of squid server
> on one machine.

Yes. Just make sure they do not share any common resources (port numbers,
cache directories, log files etc...)

> Or if not can we route two diffirent input route traffic to two diffrent
> output route on the bases of IP if yes how.

Yes, by using the tcp_outgoing_address directive and adequate routing
instructions in your OS to make it route packets correctly, or if you
refer to routing at the application level via the cache_peer and
cache_peer_access directives.