Re: [squid-users] user auth

From: Barry Rumsey <basza@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:23:22 +1200

On Saturday 21 August 2004 15:29, Barry Rumsey wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am wondering if it is possible to auth by user name instead of IP.
>
> My main computer is a linux box which connects to the net, my sister
> connects from a windows machine and is allowed full access to the net. the
> problem is that my daughter also uses the windows machine and I want to
> limit the internet to only on certain days at certain times for her. Is
> this possible with squid?
>
> Thanks in advance
> B.Rumsey
>
> ps. If am newly convert windows user so I don't know to much about linux.
 Thanks to those that replied. I looked into acl and have setup the ncsa_auth
and an htpasswd. I have got the windows machine asking for username and
password. I have set a test user as user=abc password=abc this works but if I
put the password as password=abcd this also works?

the other question is how do I set up days and time allowed for each user?

Thanks in advance
B.Rumsey