Re: [squid-users] Squid Configuration

From: bimal pandit <bimalp@dont-contact.us>
Date: 23 Aug 2004 12:07:39 +0530

dear Henrik,

get connected to the net by whaterevr menans you are using then try
pinging first asd it seems that your machine is not able to resolve the
name!! i.e. try "ping www.google.com" and then check your routing table

it should show you the gateway!! as i had when i connect through modem

[root@bimalserver bimal]# route -n
Kernel IP routing table
202.54.96.182 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 UH 0 0 0 ppp0
193.168.2.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
127.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo
0.0.0.0 202.54.96.182 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 ppp0

hope this will help.

bimal