[squid-users] accelerating proxy and default page (index.html)

From: André Füchsel <andre.fuechsel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:37:37 +0200

Hi,

I set up squid as an accelerating proxy for a web server. Everything is
running fine, except that I have to specify the complete URL each time.
Normally, a web server treats index.html as default page and so does
mine. But squid does not respect this!

If I try to connect to (e.g.) http://www.mydomain.com, it does not
work. If I try to connect to http://www.mydomain.org/index.html it works. If I
try to connect to the web server running in the back, I can omit the
index.html as usual. Any ideas, how I can overcome this situation?=

Thanks a lot.

Andre