[squid-users] High CPU Utilization

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:33:16 -0400

This has happened before and I guess I have never gotten to the bottom of
it. All of the sudden, squid took and held onto 98% of the CPU.
The machine has plenty of CPU and RAM, not to mention disk space. There
were no warnings in the cache.log.

cache_effective_user is set to nobody.
coredump_dir is set to /services/squid/core (which exists and
cache_effective_user has write access to)

Yet, I can't force squid to dump a core file, or I don't know how. Can
anyone tell me how I can do this?

I thought SIGABRT was supposed to do that.

Tim