Re: [squid-users] How to use accelerating proxies correctly?

From: André Füchsel <andre.fuechsel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:07:27 +0200

At 06:58 24.08.2004 -0700, Merton Campbell Crockett wrote:

>What javac options did you set when you compiled JBoss? One of your posts
>seems to indicate that "deferred name resolution" was not defined during
>compilation. This results in the internal IP address being inserted into
>URLs instead of the domain name string.

I did not compile JBoss myself, I am using a binary. Unfortunately, we have
to use Windows as operating system and I cannot compile neither JBoss nor
squid myself. This is especially bad, since I do need SSL-support in squid
and I cannot find Windows binary for this.

>If the IP address is being inserted into URL, you need to rewrite the page
>content as it is being sent back to the Internet user.

How do I rewrite the page content? I used only IP-addresses in my squid
configuration as you can see in my previous posting. Is this incorrect?

Andre