[squid-users] Squid interworking with a ftp proxy

From: Wan Kwong Yeung <wkyeung@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:13:33 +0800

Understood that Squid is not a ftp proxy, however, it may be required to
interwork with an upstream ftp proxy. My case is any machine must go
through a ftp proxy for antivirus scanning before ftping in/out of
Internet. This rule includes ftp:// via browsers too. Therefore the
Internet facing side of Squid would need to connect to the ftp proxy and
enter the necessary username, passwords etc. Is there any way to
configure Squid to do this? I am comparing this aspect of Squid with
some ftp clients, like WS_FTP, where the "firewall" (don't worry about
the name) tab allows settings like this.

Thanks
Wan Kwong Yeung
Hong Kong