Re: [squid-users] squid + masquerade

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:10:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Fabrice Régnier wrote:

> Inside the acces.log, the client column is always the IP of the fire wall
> that makes masquerade and i would like to see the IP of my LAN clients. The
> squid server is on the mail server. I use ipchains for the fw.
>
> any idea ?

Just let the traffic to the proxy thru via the firewall without
masquerade, only masquerade the traffic to the Internet.

Exacly how this is done depends on how the firewall you have is supposed
to be administered, but usally it is just a matter of inserting an ACCEPT
rule before your masquerade rule.