[squid-users] Raw sockets

From: Giancarlo Boaron <gboaron@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:58:31 -0300 (ART)

Hello.
When I use the "netstat -ln" command to check what
ports are opened, I see that:

tcp -> <My LAN IP>:80 (this port was opened by squid)
udp -> 0.0.0.0:32771
raw -> 0.0.0.0:1

If I'm right, the UDP port 32771 is used by squid for
name resolution and the TCP port 80 is used by squid
for receiving the requests.

However, why do I have the RAW port 1 opened? I'm
asking it because I'm testing a new IPTABLES script
and some minutes after using this script, the RAW port
1 closes and I lose the Internet access for the
clients inside my LAN.

So, what SQUID has to do with the RAW socket and how
to make a good rule to allow this kind of traffic in
my new IPTABLES script?

See ya.
Giancarlo

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - navegue de graça com conexão de qualidade!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/