Re: [squid-users] Raw sockets

From: Giancarlo Boaron <gboaron@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:34:01 -0300 (ART)

Hi Henrik.
I used lsof whith the command "lsof | grep raw" and it
returned this:

COMMAND: pinger
PID: 894
USER: proxy
TYPE: raw
NODE: 00000000:0001->00000000:0000
NAME: st=07

So I think that pinger opened that port.
Do I need to use the pinger process and, if I don't,
how can I disable it? Or should I just let icmp
packets go in and out fro my box?

Do "st=07" means icmp packet type 7?

See ya
Giancarlo

--- Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> escreveu:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, [iso-8859-1] Giancarlo Boaron
> wrote:
>
> > However, why do I have the RAW port 1 opened? I'm
> > asking it because I'm testing a new IPTABLES
> script
> > and some minutes after using this script, the RAW
> port
> > 1 closes and I lose the Internet access for the
> > clients inside my LAN.
>
> This is not opened by Squid.
>
> Try using lsof to find who has opened this.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - navegue de graça com conexão de qualidade!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/