Re: [squid-users] newbie authentication help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:49:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Md. Jawed Ahmed wrote:

> I have started using squid recently and am glad to have found it.
> am running the latest version on win2k AS..and I have put two NIC in that machine,
> one on public IP and the other on local IP. It is a pentium 2 machine with 1 GB HDD
> and 64 MB RAM..
>
> I read a lot on the archives and on the site +documentation on how to make the
> browser ask login name and password when user opens the site. but ended up
> confused.

Please remember to read the release notes of the NT port as the NT port
has a few Windows specific things not found in the standard distribution,
quite notably it have Windows authentication helpers making use of the
local Windows logon services to perform the authentication.

The rest is as described in the normal Squid documentation.