Re: [squid-users] squid and named

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:35:03 +0200

On 30.08 16:14, Boskey Chheda wrote:
> I have squid running on a server which also has named running on it.
> I have around 200 users going through squid.
> But , after around 20-30 min the speeds go very slow.
> I server is Red hat 9 box and also has apache , mail, virus scan and dhcp
> services running on it.

how much of memory does the machine have? how much of disk space do you
have reserved for the squid cache (partition size, usage in %)

what's your cache_mem and cache_dir setting?

There is a possibility that you have not enough ram and have squid
configured to use too much of it, so you are running out of RAM and the
machine does swapping.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759