Re: [squid-users] Which authentication method for me?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:44:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Boniforti Flavio wrote:

> If my boss wants two different user databases (AD for Windows logons, another
> one for squid), which would be the best solution in relation to squid?

Then use the ncsa_auth module. The simplest of them all to set up and
configure.

> Would
> there be any chance to have MySQL with a table made of "user/pass" pairs,
> used by a squid authenticator?

Sure.

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&q=squid+mysql+auth

But I would recommend starting first with ncsa_auth while testing, then
when you have figured out how authentication works in Squid move to MySQL
if desired.