[squid-users] Squid-2.5.STABLE7, please help testing the release

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:23:23 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Squid users,

we are currently currently preparing a Squid-2.5.STABLE7 release in a few
weeks time and would like your help to test the current nightly snapshot
releases in a controlled manner before the release is made. What this
means is that if you have a suitable lab/staging environment where you can
try out this version in a controlled manner then please do so. Please
report any success to the Squid developers <squid-dev@squid-cache.org> and
any problems in our bug database <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/bugs/>.

For a complete list of changes since 2.5.STABLE6 see our Squid-2.5 patches
page <url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/#STABLE6>

Especially the NTLM support needs extra testing as there is some doubt
these changes is fully bug free, but any other testing is also welcome.

The nighly snapshots can be found from our Squid-2.5 release page
<url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/>

Our hopes is that this will be the final Squid-2.5.STABLE release,
allowing the development to focus fully on Squid-3.0 after this.

Regards
The Squid HTTP Proxy developer team