Re: [squid-users] querying the cache to see if it stores a specific object

From: Thomas Haferlach <thomas-haferlach@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:01:04 +0200 (MEST)

Yes I stumbled upon that also but I seem to have problems trying to get it
to work.

I telnet to our local squid cache and then send it a typical get request to
a URL I am sure it hasn't cached before.

GET http://somewhere.com/something.html HTTP/1.1
Host: somewhere.com
Cache-Control: only-if-cached

this is my request but it always returns the page I am requesting as if I
hadn't inserted the Cache-Control header.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Thomas

--
Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl