[squid-users] Squid and httport problem.

From: Diamond King <mercyful_fated@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 02:11:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all,

   Recently, my colleague and I did some testing by
running a HTTPort-equipped PC. Basically, we tested
some of the P2P programs such as kazaa media desktop.
At first, we disable HTTPort and run the Kazaa. GOod
thing is kazaa failed to connect as we have inserted
.kazaa.com into ACL under Web Server Hostname
category. Then, we bring up HTTPort tunneling software
(www.htthost.com) and run Kazaa again. This time,
kazaa is able to connect and we can search and
download files. For sure we need to configure HTTPort
and put in the address of our Squid server and port
80.

    As a result, i would like to know is there any
applications( 3rd party programs that can work with
squid or etc) that can block those HTTP-tunneling
programs and P2Ps programs as well? I`ve heard of Dans
Guardian. Maybe you guys can recommend some ideas.
Thansk a lot for your time.

Brian.