[squid-users] Squid-Newbie question

From: Steve King <stevenking66@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:26:37 +0100

Hello

I have installed Squid 2.5 so that I can use web filter software called
dansguardian to prevent my children accessing dodgy web sites. I installed it
from Suse 9.1 rpm and am using the vanilla configuration - I just installed
it and set it running.

Sometimes my PC gets turned on without the cable modem being turned on.
Without Squid, I can turn the modem on, wait a couple of seconds, and
everything is fine. But with Squid I get a message that the site I am looking
for cannot be accessed.

So my question: can I configure Squid to realise that the the modem has been
switched on? If so, how?

Thanks in advance

Steve
Dundee, UK