RE: [squid-users] Using A windows 2003 server to authenticate squid users

From: Discussion Lists <discussions@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:05:35 -0700

I have been able to get this to work. I am working on a how-to, but
basically here is how it works. Squid authenticates to Win2003 using
Samba and Winbindd. Squid enforces authentication on users connecting
to the outside world, and records their activty by username in the
access.log. I have a script, that is a modification of the Squid2Mysql
script that is on SourceForge.net that will basically tail the
access.log and throw it into a MySQL database. There is no way to get
it in to MySQL directly as of now that I know of. Once it is in the
database, it is trivial write some kind of front-end that will display
this data.

Would anyone be interested in seeing an how-to for this? I may need
some help though, because I have only gotten this to work with Samba
2.x, and haven't had a chance to try verison 3.

Thanks,
Mark