[squid-users] Outsourcing of ACLs

From: Schnoof <Schnoof@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:29:27 +0200 (MEST)

We have several access lists defined in the squid.conf of which some are
explicite allowed and some are denied. All other addresses the users try to
surf to need a authentification at the NT domain.

This worked very fine as long as the lists were internal. To make it easier
to manage the ACLs I wrote several text files including them with the
 acl name type "path/filename.txt"
command.

For all addresses declarated in the ACLs it still works fine. But for those
which need the authentification I noticed a curious thing: The
authentification still works perfect. But whenever a user wants to send any
information to the site or change to a secure page, it doesn't work. Squid
tries for about three minutes (this was a thing of a few seconds before) and
afterwards the user gets a time-out screen.

In the access.log of Squid I found the following: Before the changes there
were entries like
 "POST [...] TCP_MISS:DEFAULT_PARENT
Now it's like
 "POST [...] TCP_MISS:NONE
It's running on SuSE Linux 9.1 and it's the version coming with the SuSE
CDs.

So what's wrong?

Thanks
Schnoof

--
Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl