[squid-users] poor performance of squid..squid wccp

From: Eswari sharma <eswaris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 18:29:11 -0700

Hi ,
We have 4 Transparent proxy in our organization and cache servers are not
performing well . When I trace the router wccp details .. (sh ip wccp
web-cache detail) the connection of cache server with router broken
frequently for the 3 cache servers and one cache server is working for the
long time more than a day . The log details are given below :
------------------
WCCP Cache-Engine information:
cache engine 1
--------------
Protocol Version: 0.4
Hash Allotment: 64 (25.00%)
Packets Redirected: 16650
Connect Time: 00:01:15

cache engine 2:
-----------------
Hash Allotment: 64 (25.00%)
Packets Redirected: 26773
Connect Time: 00:01:53

cache engine 3:
---------------
Hash Allotment: 64 (25.00%)
Packets Redirected: 14122522
Connect Time: 1d01h
cache engine 4
Hash Allotment: 64 (25.00%)
Packets Redirected: 19050
Connect Time: 00:01:41

All the four cache servers runs same version of squid ,wccp and kernel. I
think becos of this broken connection(connection time between rounter and
cache ) cache servers are perfoming slow.
Hope to get valuable suggestion and expertise to solve this wccp issue ,

Thnks & rgrds,
eswari