[squid-users] Secondary proxy w/ntlm-auth

From: Jeff Heckart <jheckart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:45:07 -0400

Hello,

I am currently using squid as a proxy, and am authenticating against my
domain controller using ntlm-auth. Here is how squid was compiled:
Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE4
configure options: --enable-icmp --enable-delay-pools
--enable-useragent-log --enable--referer-log --enable-ssl
--enable-cache-digests --enable-linux-netfilter --enable-underscores
--enable-auth=ntlm,basic --enable-basic-auth-helpers=winbind
--enable-ntlm-auth-helpers=winbind
--enable-external-acl-helpers=winbind_group,wbinfo_group

My objective is to make a secondary box by simply imaging the first. I
plan on changing the IP and hostname, but is there anything within squid
or samba that I will need to do? What steps are necessary to make this
successful? I am particularly concerned with the authentication
portion.

Thanks, Jeff