Re: [squid-users] Basic FTP usage through squid

From: Michael Gale <michael.gale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:27:53 -0600

Hello,

        Squid supports only hftp I believe which is what browsers use to access FTP. In IE under the settings option there is a
option called "Enable FTP folder View". I believe this option causes IE to bypass the proxy settings for FTP setup by
the user / admin.

So you would be better off leaving frox setup and having it do transparent proxying and only have the browser configured
to use squid for HTTP/HTTPS.

That is what happens here since most users have that "Enable folder View" option enabled.

Michael.

--
Michael Gale
Network Administrator