[squid-users] Squid with cisco PIX

From: munirhasan <munirhasan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:03:14 +0600

Hi list,

I am running SQUID very comfortably for a long time.
Recenly we introduced a cisco PIX 515 firewall.
Now my connection looks like the following

                          INTERNET
                           | DMZ Zone
                           | ---------------
------------ -----| | Web Server |
| | |PIX | | Mail Server |
|Squid Box |------------| |--------- |
|------------ |----| |------------- |
    |RH 7.3
    |Squid stable 6
  Internal Network

Now the scenario:

1. The tranparent proxy is working fine only that when client try to access
our webserver or the mailserver than the browser time out and access log
shows tcp_miss/504 error.
2. Thinking first about broken pipe, but /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn is 0.

3. the problem is pecuiliar that

when we tried with http://mail.pmo.gov.bd/ it timed out but
http://192.168.100.9/ -it's OK.

4. The DNS server resolved the name properly. Output from nslookup

>name : mail.pmo.gov.bd
>address : 192.168.100.9

5. The people from Internet easily access mu mail.pmo.gov.bd or my web as
well.

So where is the problem?

Can any one show some light on it?

Thank you for patient hearing.

A A Munir Hasan
National Project Coordinator
Strengthening the ICT Capacity of the Prime Minister’s Office
Prime Minister's Office
Tejgaon, Dhaka.
web: www.pmo.gov.bd