[squid-users] Purge all cache w/o restart or add step to Squid-2 algorithm

From: Joscha Diehl <joscha.diehl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:46:56 +0200 (MEST)

Hi list,

I want to use squid as httpd-accelerator for my page. The page changes
minutly to hourly. When a change occurs it affects most (all) pages
(last-change-date on the page, new article reference each other ...).

So what I envision is:
  * squid caches everything, ignoring expire or whatever header
  * I then can manually force squid to to forget all cache entries

Doing this via "echo "" > swap.state; squid restart" in a production system
several days seems not a good idea. Any ideas?

What could also possible, if one could extend the Squid-2 algorithm which
evaluates if its cache entry is FRESH/STALE. So that one could plugin his
own evaluator. In my case it would check against external a timestamp
(reflecting the last change on the site).

Maybe there is a much simpler solution to this?

Thanks in advance

Joscha Diehl