[squid-users] Re: Help in configuration of squid to achive my requirement.

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:03:47 -0400

Nasimuddin Ansari wrote:

> I wish to-
> - allows soem user out of 100 to browse internet thru
> proxy after successfull authenticate from LDAP.

Squid has an LDAP basic auth helper that can do this.

> - allows few selected IP to be allowed by squid to use
> internet.

Squid has acls that can match based on source IP address.

> Is it possible to configure squid to also allow user5
> when its request only comes from 101.10.10.5 (say)
> otherwise deny.

There is an ip_user external acl helper that does this - it reads username
and IP address pairs from a configuration file.

> What directives I have to touch to configure my squid.

See the auth_param and external_acl directives in the default squid.conf for
more info. There is also an FAQ on authentication:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html

Adam