Re: [squid-users] wrong content in squid cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:21:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Dieter Bloms wrote:

> there is a virusscanner (Trendmicro Viruswall 3.8.1) installed between
> the squid and the internet.

Then you must use

   server_persistent_connections off

to work around a known bug in the Trendmicro Viruswall proxy, where the
Trendmicro proxy enters tunnel mode on certain requests but still allows
signalling of a persistent proxy connection. Because of this the next
request Squid will send to the proxy gets sent to the same server, even if
Squid requested a completely different server.

The drawback from the above configuration directive is slightly higher
latency due to more network overhead.

> So my assumption was that squid wrote wrong data to the cache.

According to the information you sent earlier Squid got the wrong
information from the network (i.e. your parent), and this also matches an
already analyzed problem involving TrendMicro Viruswall proxies.

> Since I deaktivate the diskd, the problem is gone (for 2 days now)

The problem is not related to diskd.