Re: [squid-users] Host name stripped after authentication for https site

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:31:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Martyn Bright wrote:

> Unfortunately, if I try to go to any https site, the challenge response
> seems to work ok, but I get a 400 Invalid URL message because something
> seems to have stripped the host name from the URL. If I refresh the screen
> or click on the "URL:" link, the page is then correctly displayed.

Your browser is broken and forgets to set up SSL after the proxy
authentication challenge.

You may be able to work around this broken browser by setting
"client_persistent_connections off", but it will cost you performance and
is incompatible with NTLM authentication.

Recommended action: Get your browser fixed.