[squid-users] Re: Problem with Microsoft authentication?

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:03:41 -0400

Sommariva Graziano wrote:

> We have problem in accessing sites that uses strict Microsoft
> authentication. That meaans No "Basic" authentication on http and No
> "Basic" authentication on https.

> Is there a solution?

"Microsoft authentication" (NTLM) is inherently broken when used as an HTTP
proxy authentication scheme. Even Microsoft recommends that it not be used
outside your LAN.

With HTTPS, it won't be a problem (because of how HTTPS is proxied). For
HTTP, you will need to bypass the proxy entirely when connecting to these
sites.

Adam