Re: [squid-users] access.log redirection to mysql

From: Jesse Reynolds <lizst@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:32:56 +1000

At 23:16 +0200 17/9/04, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Muthukumar wrote:
>>How can we directly write the access logs on my-sql database there.?
>
>There has been patches floating around. Try searching for it.
>
>But the preferred method by the Squid developers is to have Squid
>log to a flat file and then dump this file in real time into mysql.
>This gives you the best of both worlds as Squid is not encoumbered
>with the mysql logging, mysql gets the log data immediately and you
>do not need to save the logs for very long.

What is the recommended way of doing this? I have tried doing a tail
on the access log and piping it through a perl script which parses
and inserts into mysql... is this the best approach?

Cheers

Jesse

--
   ::: Jesse Reynolds +61 (0)414 669 790 ::: AIM - jessedreynolds :::
   ::: Virtual Artists Pty Ltd, Adelaide ::: http://www.va.com.au :::