Re: [squid-users] squid and samba 3 auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:11:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Badli Al Rashid wrote:

> but i dont have any winnt dc or another samba dc, i had point the
> "password server = sambaserver" in the smb.conf, samba and squid are on
> the same server.
>
> when i did the "wbinfo -t" part, it gives the following output:-
>
> checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
> error code was NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR (0xc00000e5)
> Could not check secret

Probably OK if this is the PDC.

Does the other tests works?

> Can squid auth to samba3 on the same machine?

It should, but I am not 100% sure how the samba domain controller code
works..

> if so can anyone give me a few pointers, im still stuck sice this
> afternoon. by the way is this the correct place to ask or do i have to
> ask at the samba mailing list.

The Samba list is indeed a good place to ask on how to configure
Samba+Winbind in "stand alone mode".

Squid will be happy provided winbind is happy about it's Samba
configuration.