[squid-users] Restricting port access in squid

From: P.V.Sankar <sankar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:45:24 +0500 (GMT+0500)

Hello,
We have dansguardian and squid running on the same system. Dansguardian
runs on port 8080 and squid runs on port 3128. Dansguardian receives
traffic first on 8080 and it checks for blacklists and banned sites. If
the URL is not there in either of above categories then only it forwards
to squid on 3128 and asks for user authentication. Now my problem is our
users are setting their port setting as 3128 and bypassing the
dansguardian restriction. I would like to know how to restrict traffic in
squid directly coming from clients. Squid should accept traffic
coming
from localhost only.

Regards,
Sankar