RE: AW: [squid-users] Is it possible to add cookies to requests going thru Squid?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:00:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Hannes Schmidt wrote:

> Unfortunately it's not. If it were static, I could simply use IP-based
> filtering on the website and I wouldn't need to involve the proxy at all,
> right?

I thougt you wanted to handle different local users differently..

If all you need is to identify traffic coming via your proxy then there
is the Via header you can use to identify the requests. If the web server
is an Apache or similar it should not be hard to translate this into a
suitable identifier in the access log. In Apache this is done via the
SetEnvIf directive IIRC.