Re: [squid-users] Better Bandwidth Management

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:21:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Janno de Wit wrote:

> All users needs to be shaped at the same speed. What I want to slow
> down are HTTP-downloads. When no users are on the internet, I want to
> give full access for download, but when some other people are browsing,
> I want to slow down the download.

The Squid delay pools does not (yet) have this kind of credit system. You
need to cap the maximum download speed per client to ensure unlimited
normal browsing.

> delay_parameters 1 200000/100000 170000/100000 -1/-1

This does not work. The pool size needs to be larger than the refill rate,
otherwise the refill immediately overflows the pool and the excess is
discarded.

You can't put one liter of water into a small glass.