Re: [squid-users] help with win 2000 AD integration

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:16:21 +0200

Hi,

At 12.05 24/09/2004, Jawed Ahmed wrote:

>Hi group,
>am using squid/2.5.STABLE6-NT on a windows 2000 Active Directory
>Server.
>I need to authenticate users based on their Active Directory Login names.
>I have created a group called proxy_users and added users to that group.
>In the Squid.conf file there was a line
>authenticate_program c:/squid/libexec/nt_auth.exe -a proxy_users
>I commented it out and added this line in its place
>auth_param basic program c:/squid/libexec/nt_auth.exe -a proxy_users
>then I created the ACLs to allow only users authorised by Proxy to connect to
>internet.
>
>After all this exercise, the user is prompted for password and login
>name..but
>none of them work. it ask for password thrice and then 'Access Denied' Page
>comes.
>I tried all the combinations but nothing is working.
>
>Can someone please guide me ?

Please in the docs folder, read:

nt_auth.txt
win32_ntlm_auth.txt
win32_check_group.txt

nt_auth.exe is a Basic native Windows Authenticator (as wb_basic_auth)
win32_ntlm_auth.exe is a NTLM native Windows Authenticator (as wb_ntlm_auth)
win32_check_group.exe is an External ACL native Windows Helper (as wb_group)

Regards

Guido

>regards,
>Jawed
>PS: I have already read the FAQ23 page many times...

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/