[squid-users] Squid as a gateway

From: Tarek Elemam <Elemam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 14:24:44 +0300

Dear All,

I have Installed Squid On Red hat in the past year and recently I have made
it authenticate with the MAC address of the machines it worked when the
server is setup by the terminal as a proxy server in the browsers. However,
whenever a machine uses the Squid as its gateway internet access is grated
without any authentication

How can I keep squid as a gateway, and have the terminals authenticate with
their MAC address through Squid.

What do I need to do? Do I need to redirect something?

Thank you

Rgs

T.E