RE: [squid-users] RE: Re: multiple users

From: Catalin Tanasescu <cata@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:44:50 +0300

10x a lot, it worked, huray :D

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Adam Aube
Sent: 25 septembrie 2004 23:05
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: [squid-users] RE: Re: multiple users

Catalin Tanasescu wrote:
> Adam Aube wrote:
>> Catalin Tanasescu wrote:

>>> I have a little problem , I create multiple users, using hpasswd
>>> generator on the net

>>> And , only the last user I type into the file is recognized :( , if you
>>> can help me with a sample htpasswd file or something like this ...

>> How are you editing this file to add the usernames and password?

> By notepad :D, why , what should I use ?

Windows and Unix-like systems represent newlines in different and
incompatible ways. This can cause problems if you edit a text file on
Windows and use it on a Unix-based system, or vice-versa.

Create the file from scratch on the Squid server and edit it using a text
editor on the server itself. Then copy and paste the contents of the
htpasswd file from your desktop into the window for the text editor on the
Squid server.

Adam

This message and its contents have been scanned and certified for
transmission as being free from malicious code by <<eTrust Antivirus>>. This
message may contain confidential, privileged or other legally protected
information. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
addressee, or someone the addressee authorized to receive this message, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing or otherwise using it. Please
notify the sender and return it.Thank you.