[squid-users] How to receive on port 80, but forward to port 85 on Web Application Server?

From: David Yutzy <dyutzy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:21:00 -0400

Hello,

I've looked through the FAQ and Archive, but haven't gound what I'm looking
for...

We would like to use Squid as a reverse proxy on port 80, then, setup our
application server on a single IP, but multiple web sites on differnet
ports. The main reason is to isolate out web sites on seperate ports and/or
threads so re-starting one application instance doesn't effect the other.

The setup would be as follows:

Squid, Linux, RH9 Enterprise receives all requests on port 80

forwards all requests to Sun ONE Application Server PE on Solaris v5.9 on
the following ports:

80: Default server
85: Web site one
90: Web Site two
95: Web Site three,
etc, etc...

The questions I have are thus:

1) Does Squid support this functionality/features?
2) Would we need to front-end Squid with somethig like Apache to get this
functionality if not supported directly?