Re: [squid-users] transparent https proxy?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:34:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Michael Renner wrote:

> That means that there is no chance for this project? I have to open this port?
> Every user have to configure his browser using the proxyserver, at least for
> https?

As long as you allow https access, proxied or not, will people with their
own servers on port 443 (or other port allowed) be able to tunnel whatever
they like on the allowed SSL ports.

The main differences from using the proxy is where the traffic gets
logged, and the fact that when the client is configured to use a proxy you
can enforce authentication before the connection gets accepted.

Regards
Henrk