[squid-users] what is the maximum number of hosts squid can accelerate to?

From: Luiz Chopin C. Oliveira <luizcab@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:14:12 -0300

Hi all,

i have a squid that works as a httpd accelerator, until today it was
accelerating for a cluster of 10 http servers, but our site has gown a lot and
now I need acceleration for a 50 machines cluster.

I configured it just as usual, but it didn't work, than I reduced de number of
hosts in the bind server to 25 and it worked. I started increasing this number
and found it stop's working with 30 hosts.

I use Bind 9 and squid-2.5.STABLE5, compiled from source.

Does any of you know's where the limitation is? Is it Bind's or Squid's issue?
If it is a Squid issue, is there a constant I can change in the code to increase
the maximum number of servers I can accelerate to?

Thanx in advance!!

--
Luiz Chopin Cruz de Oliveira
Analista de Suporte - luizcab@akwan.com.br