Re: [squid-users] Url_regex and Special Characters

From: Jacob S <stormspotter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:43:02 -0500

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 02:06:26 +0200 (CEST)
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Jacob S wrote:
>
> > My question is, how do I get the url_regex to match on characters
> > that are special to regexes, like ? = ., etc.?
>
> \. is a literal .
> \? is a literal ?
>
> = or , is not special characters within regex.

The ',' I knew, I just didn't do a good enough job differentiating
between my special characters and the punctuation in the sentence. The
'=' was my problem; I was mixing regex and php syntax, since that's
where I most often use regexes.

> man 7 regex
>
> > I have tried using a \ to escape the special characters, but that
> > doesn't seem to be working.
>
> It does work.
>
> Can you be a little more precise on what you have tried and in what
> context it did not work.

Well, it doesn't work if you escape the = with a \, but I'm sure I'm
stating the obvious there and that that behavior is expected. Now that
I'm just escaping the ? in the url I was trying it is working as
expected.

> > is the documentation really as old as version 2.4 of squid?
>
> 2.4 documentation is not old when it comes to this kind of things.

Thanks for your help and the fast reply,
Jacob