Re: [squid-users] ACL issues of time

From: Andreas Pettersson <andpet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:00:22 +0200

> The access list works fine if the person has not been to the site
> previously. I do not have the power to sign on as the user and force a
> refresh on the remote user in question.
> I thought that squid was the last word in accessing the site.

Squid HAS the last word in accessing sites, but only if the client request ever reaches Squid. If the client browser decides not to contact the proxy there's not much to do about it.

> Would clearing the cache on for the squid server or some thing along that path
> work?

Try disabling (or set a less aggressive) browser caching. Clearing squid's own cache will not have the desired effect.

By the way, are you running the proxy in transparent mode, or are your clients aware of the proxy?

/Andreas