[squid-users] 2 dumb questions (and for that, i am sorry)

From: Mário Gamito <gamito@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:14:08 +0100

Hi,

1 - I've tried over and over to implement an authenticated proxy. Read a
lot of stuff (basically they all say the same), but i wasn't capable, so
i'm addressing to you:

I have this in my squid .conf:

#auth_param digest program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/passwd
#auth_param digest children 5
#auth_param digest realm Squid proxy-caching web server
#auth_param digest nonce_garbage_interval 5 minutes
#auth_param digest nonce_max_duration 30 minutes
#auth_param digest nonce_max_count 50
#auth_param ntlm program <uncomment and complete this line to activate>
#auth_param ntlm children 5
#auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
#auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /usr/lib/squid/passwd

the passwd file was generated with Apache's htpasswd.

and this also:

acl sapo proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow sapo

in section http_access.

2 - I read in a previous mail in this list, that we could test if the
cache is realy working, by telneting to Squid. Well, i telnet to port
3128, but i get connectin refused.
What's up ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Warm Regards,