[squid-users] Re: Is my cache working ?

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:47:29 -0400

Mário Gamito wrote:

> I've installed Squid, and after a walk with my browser and watch at
> /var/log/squid/access.log i get a lot of TCP_MISS entries.

This is common - Internet content isn't always cacheable.

> Does this mean that my cache is not working ?

Note likely. Using the Cacheability Test Engine (Google for it), see if any
objects you are getting repeated TCP_MISS entries for are cacheable.

If they are cacheable, but Squid still shows repeated TCP_MISS entries for
these objects, post the relevant access.log entries, the output of "squid
-v", and your squid.conf (without comments or blank lines).

Adam