RE: [squid-users] Yahoo mail error

From: Mohsin Khan <aaghaz00@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 02:39:34 -0700 (PDT)

I am had the same issue some times back, we were using
a DSL connection, and when we try to use yahoo mail
via http, it gives use the same error, 999, but if
used via https, no error, i guess it is the
browser---> proxy---->proxy stuff which confuses
yahoo.
where is in many cases https is not proxied:)

--- Elsen Marc <elsen@imec.be> wrote:

> > Hello,
> > I don't know whether this issue is relating to
> squid mailing
> > lists. Any
> > way so many experts are there here with wide range
> of skills,
> > if anybody
> > knows solution/come across the same type of issue,
> please mail me.
> >
> > Whenever we try to access mail.yahoo.com or any
> yahoo mail
> > sites, we are
> > gwtting the error "Unable to process request at
> this time -- error 999
> > Unfortunately, we are unable to process your
> request at this time. We
> > apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again
> later.
> >
> > Return to Yahoo!"
> >
> > This problem we have been facing for more than a
> month. Our
> > network setup
> > is like this.
> > client ---> our proxy ---> firewall ---> ISP proxy
> >
> > When we bypass ISP proxy and directly contact
> > internet[through firewall]
> > we are able to browse/check all yahoo mail sites.
> When we spoke to our
> > ISP, they told they haven't put any restrictions.
> Any idea
> > where could be
> > the problem/reason. Any help is greatly
> appreciated
>
> 1)
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.8
>
> 2) A possible sanity check on the ISP's proxy to
> configure a browser
> on the squid box, to use it using proxy config.
> settings.
> Then check whether Yahoo mail works from this
> browser.
>
> M.

=====
Regards,
Mohsin Khan
CCNA ( Cisco Certified Network Associate 2.0 )
http://forum.aaghaz.net