Re: [squid-users] squid samba authentication scheme question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:47:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Costas Zacharopoulos wrote:

> I have a linux box, and I want to use NTLM authentication to authenticate
> users to a remote samba server in the LAN.
>
> Can I use winbindd to do it?

Yes, if this Samba is a domain controller.

Squid FAQ 23.5 How do I use the Winbind authenticators?
<url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html#ss23.5>

covers the Squid side of things, but you also need to have the domain
controller and winbind configured correctly as per the Samba
documentation.