[squid-users] Allow connections to individual IP addresses

From: John Davis <linux0642@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:36:29 -0700 (PDT)

 Our squid blocks access to everything but approved
websites. Most of these sites have a domain, (ex:
www.yahoo.com ) but some places insist on using IP
addresses instead of domains for the URL, paticularly
certain government sites. Every time we get a request
for a new ip-addressed site to be added to the
whietlist, I have to add a DNS entry to our DNS server
for squid to allow connections. This gets really
complicated.

 How can I add individual IP addresses to the
whitelist like it was a domain? I have tried adding
the IP, and the IP range, but neither seems to work.
There must be some way, but I can't find it in the
docs or FAQs. Could someone tell me what the trick is
please?

TIA