Re: [squid-users] No TCP_HIT, just TCP_MISS, why?

From: Jacob S <stormspotter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:32:46 -0500

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:26:29 +0200
Boniforti Flavio <boniforti@provincia.verbania.it> wrote:

> Elsen Marc wrote:
>
> > That's a bit circlonized reasoning in the sense that initially
> > you reported a possible problem, concerning a no caching
> > situation for all objects.
> > For 2.5.stable6 this was a possible cause, to the idea is :
> > 'take the patch' for that version and if that problem is seen.
> > Then test again.
>
> You're right, man.
> The fact is, I guess I can't apply that patch, because I'm working
> with a pre-compiled Debian package. :(

That's one of the oft-overlooked strengths of Debian. You can apply
patches and still get everything compiled into a nice .deb package so
that apt/dpkg and friends know about it. Just don't forget to alter the
version number slightly in the changelog, so that apt doesn't think it
needs to be upgraded immediately (2.5stable6 bumped to 2.5stable6.1
should be sufficient).

See this thread on the Debian-user e-mail list for a mini-howto. It's
really not complicated, and much easier than compiling a package
manually, IMHO.

HTH,
Jacob