Re: [squid-users] issue with squidguard

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:15:27 +0200

>>We use squidguard and squid and that works well.
>>But unfortunately clever users found "workarounds".
>>Example: We successfully block www.xyz.com. But if someone
>>finds out the IP
>>of this website (nslookup) and enters this ip the website is
>>displayed.
>>
>>Is there a way to block www.xyz.com AND the associated ip?
>

> Put the ip in the domain blocklist too.
>
> M.

Good idea, but you can only put those IP in the blacklist, where you get
the same content as with the blocked FQDN. Otherwise you will block all
sites sitting on such server with virtual hosts.
It should be possible to achieve that with a small script.

What kind of users are we talking about ?

Regards, Hendrik Voigtländer