[squid-users] problem with fallback to basic authentication

From: Shu Ung <shu.ung@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:59:20 +1000

Hi,

I have recently installed squid 2.5.STABLE6-20040913 with digest
authentication on a Solaris 9 box. Unfortunately, some browsers do not
support digest authentication but the fallback to basic authentication
does not seem to work. This is what I have in the configuration file:

auth_param digest program /usr/local/squid/bin/squid_ldap_auth padl
auth_param digest children 12
auth_param digest realm my cache server
auth_param digest nonce_garbage_interval 7 hours
auth_param digest nonce_max_duration 7 hours
auth_param digest nonce_max_count 5000
auth_param digest check_nonce_count off
auth_param digest post_workaround on
auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/bin/squid_ldap_auth_basic padl
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm my cache server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
acl AUTH proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow AUTH

Have I missed out something in the configurations?

Thanks,
Shu